& the Serious Group of Companies referred to in this document as Serious.
Who we are
Serious is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Serious may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 23rd May 2018
The law sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data. We may rely upon the following legal basis:
Consent - we may ask for your consent (via a tick box/signature) to collect your personal data
Contract - under certain circumstances we may process your personal data to take steps towards/complete a contract with yourselves.
Legal Compliance - if the law requires us to we may need to collect and process your data
Legitimate interests - we may process your personal data without consent if we need to do this for a legitimate reason
When do we collect your data
We may collect your data in the following situations:
- when you visit our website
- when you create an account or take out a contract with us for supply of goods and services
- when you undertake a contract of work with us
- when you engage with us on social media
- when you make contact with us by any means with queries, comments, complaints
How and why your data is collected
We sometimes need to collect your data in order to fulfil a contract/enquiry with you, to keep you updated if you have requested this, to share offers that you might be interested in or to improve the way that we interact with our customers/staff and site crew.
Here is how we will use your personal data and why:
- to process any enquiries that you make we will process your personal data under the basis of legitimate interests and contract.
- to process any orders or payments that you make we will process your personal data under the basis of contract and legal obligations.
- to protect our business, our website and yourself from fraud or illegal activities we will monitor browsing activities under the basis of legitimate interests.
- to keep you informed via email, text, phone or web we may contact you, we will do this under the basis of consent.
- if appropriate we might process your personal data to share with law enforcement under the basis of legal obligations.
- to process your order/service it may be appropriate to share your data with a third party (such a delivery firm or a driver) otherwise we would be unable to fulfil your request.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes (all data is anonymised) and then the data is removed from the system. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Declining cookies may limit the way that you are able to interact with our website.
What types of data we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including address, postcode, phone number and email address
- purchases and orders made by you
- your communication and marketing preferences
- other information relevant to offers
- information gathered by cookies in your web browser
- your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to provide goods and services to you, through our internal record keeping;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute, or if requested as a client/site or venue compliant requirement).
- we may use the information to improve our products and services
How we keep your personal data secure
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We use a secure server which is fully GDPR compliant.
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of the retention period your data will be deleted or anonymised so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis.
Who we share your personal data with
We will never sell your information to third parties.
We may share your personal data
- to other companies in our group
- If we sell our business
- To third parties to complete a service or product delivery.
- In cases where the law dictates that we must
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold.
Please email your request to our office on [email protected]
How to contact us
Details on our website.